Wednesday, March 19, 2008

MY STORY.......

Just another Day at School
Today in French class we were talking about how teachers judge kids based on their clothing just like students judge other students. I found this to be shocking even though when I think about it I realize that it is part of human nature to judge others. I don’t know maybe in my mind I see teachers as pure moral beings. Another reason that I feel that teachers have some sort of superior persona is the fact that they have supernatural powers. Teachers can hear the slightest whisper and have super sight. Like today in Creative Writing some kids were talking about something in the corner of the room and the teacher heard exactly what they were saying. I was right next to her and I didn’t hear any of what the students were blabbing about, I was amazed at her powers. An example of teacher super sight is how teachers can see kids on their cell phones texting across the room. It seems like a kid will be using his or her phone and a second later the teacher will be behind them with her hand out waiting to take it away. Back to the main point though I thought teachers were supposed to be nonjudgmental and to see the good in everyone. My teacher went on to say that the number one thing teachers notice is when a girl dresses trashy. This discussion today kind of reminded me of back in sixth grade when my teacher asked me about my girlfriend. She then went on to tell me that her and the other teachers were talking about me and my new girlfriend at lunch that day. I was so surprised that teachers spent time talking about their students during lunch, I wonder if that stuff is still talked about today among the high school teachers? Well today has been a reflective day thinking about the past and the present. It’s weird how all these past memories are floating into my head at the same time. Well this is enough for today, over and out.

1 comment:

Annie said...

I think that its really interesting how some teachers would judge kids based on their clothes, but now that you brought it up I bet that its true for most teachers. This was really interesting to read and think about!!